Saturday 19 November 2011

St Michael's Square



Jim sang at 'The Three Monkeys ' at the Art House last night.....here is one of his songs ...'St. Michael's Square'.......this is a beautiful love song where he tells of when we first met 8 yrs ago and he took me down to the old historic part of Southampton to show me how beautiful Southampton used to look before the terrible bombing it endured during the second World War.......Southampton is a port where the Spitfire Aeroplane was designed and built and so was a major target for bombing .....The main shopping part of the city was hastily rebuilt in the 50's and has no character so it was interesting to see the historic part and to have a love song written about me was really special !!.......

9 comments:

  1. Love the old Tudor building it has great character. That's a lovely song too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so romantic! I'm jealous, no one ever wrote me a love song.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How romantic...love 'the feather in your hair' bit...lovely.

    Keep on making! (& good luck!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hang on a minute - will just show this to the Hubby and get him to write me a song! Just admiring those purses in your last post - love all things textile - will be back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a wonderful post and a very romantic one. What joy to have a song written for you! I love your fiber and embroidery work, so thanks for sharing all of these aspects of your life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lorna, just found your blog via Jims web page. I had the pleasure to attend the 3 Monkeys gig at the Art Cafe the other night, Jim was amazing! Great musician and such a nice guy to chat to. I told him that this song reminds me of my girlfriend Maddy, until recently we thought Southampton was just a run down shopping precinct, then during Music in the City week we went to every music venue on the list. The old caverns and vaults, so much history round every back street. So a big thank you to Jim, i'm off to buy his album in a minute. Not before looking round your cool blog though, my girlfriend and i are both crafty and love makes like these. Nice to meet you Lorna, and i look forward to hearing Jim play again soon. :)

    Calv.

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks everyone for lovely replies....much appreciated especially by Jim ....
    Calv hope you are subscribed by email ...we have tried to leave a comment on you tube but are unable to for some reason so hope you get this ...thanks for lovely comments and good to meet you too if you send a message to Jim's email through yours he will be able to answer you..all the best ...Lorna

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a romantic & lovely song.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my post...Please leave a comment if you like .....I'll try and answer anything you'd like to know.I try and answer every comment you leave so check back or click on subscribe by email

Related Posts with Thumbnails